Friday 14 January 2011

Watercolours

   

 I'm not sure what's happening to my work. I have either painted in acrylics or created collages for years now. I've never really had enough patience for watercolours but that's all I have wanted to use lately. I think that all the research I have been doing for my art classes have sent me on a different route. I am drawn to realistic work at the moment and feel compelled to paint the natural things that I find on my walks. It may take a while to find my own watercolour style or maybe I'll move onto something else. I'll try and go with the flow even though it feels a bit weird!




5 comments:

  1. Wow...these are gorgeous. I love the feathers and pine cone. For something you're not used to doing, you're very good at it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful! I get the same thing with my art too, I get freaked out when I get drawn to different mediums! its surprising how different your art can be, almost unrecognizable sometimes..I think your right you should just go with the flow and enjoy the exploration.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies, for your encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really beautiful! The pine cone and feather and shells, you captured them so well.
    It's great to get back to different mediums and see what you can do.

    ReplyDelete