Sunday 20 June 2010

Paisley



This weeks theme for Illustration Friday is Paisley. I'm not sure where this idea came from but I quite like it! We've got visitors over at the moment and day trips and football (!) have sort of got in the way of creating. But I did get round to making something...



I don't know if anyone has come across these fruits before. My friend gave me heaps of them from his garden and told me to make something tasty so after some research I discovered they are called Phsyalis Alkekengi, Chinese Lantern or Groundcherries and they are delicious raw or baked in a crumble, which is what I did. I think they are such lovely things.

13 comments:

  1. I quite like your paisley kitten + ball of yarn too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely :)

    ...yes i've tried those fruity things before, only raw though, I can imagine they would be yummy in a crumble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, and I quite like it too, Shelby! In fact, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this take on paisley - great piece

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely kitten & yes, I think my Paisly Dog and your kitten go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thes fruits bring memories of my childhood in Colombia. They are known as "uchubas" in Spanish. Lovely shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that Paisley kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Shelby! Love the paisley clad kitten with the yarn. Nice design and detail. I've seen those Chineese lantern things before.... I didn't know they were edible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your paisley cat is amazing! (^^)/

    ReplyDelete