Monday 7 June 2010

Illustration Friday 'Trail'


When I saw the title for this week's Illustration Friday I immediately thought of the story of Hansel and Gretal and the trail of bread that the children leave to show them their way home. This story has been written and illustrated so many times, I checked some of them out, here are my faves...


I love Jen Coraces' illustration's. The lovely book is available here


Fab illustration by Larissa Meek

Kay Neilsen illustrated Hansel and Gretel and Other Stories by the Brothers Grimm (1925) by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm.

8 comments:

  1. Another great one! Love the other links too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your version! I especially love the one from Jen Corace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! this is the second time this week hansel & gretel have been brought to my attention (the first in a poem about bread crumbs back to ourselves)/& i haven't heard a reference to them in years! i again LOVE your art! it really speaks to me/goes straight to my heart, like a good friend. what a gift for me to follow you/madly truly deeply.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style and take on this! Really great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is one of my favorite books, since my father read me this book, I always want to obtain the version with the alternative end, in where Hanzel and Grettel don't kill the witch, they Buy Kamagra to her and all live happy forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to thank you for this post. This information was very helpful.Please keep up the good work and I look forward to more of your great posts! kamagra oral jelly

    ReplyDelete